Monday, February 5, 2007

Wild n Crazy Weekends -- Part 2


| View Show | Create Your Own



So, you saw how I spent LAST Saturday -- partying like a fool with 4 of my favorite little cuties on earth. Well, this past Saturday we decided we needed to go see some of our other favorite people. So, Saturday morning we loaded up the car and headed to the west side of the state to see Jay's family. Apparently I don't tear myself away from my computer long enough to catch a weather report these days, because I was completely oblivious to the fact that there was a major snowstorm brewing and we were going to be driving right through it!!!! I spent a good hour of the trip praying that God would just allow us to get there in one piece. Luckily Lily was sound asleep in the backseat, so she missed her momma having a slight meltdown. We were listening to the radio where the announcers were saying things like: "Stay home where it is safe and warm. Only leave the house in extreme emergency. Road conditions are treacherous." (Oh my gosh!!) I MIGHT HAVE ripped Jay a new one for bringing his family in harm's way. But, I am almost positive I apologized once we had made it safely thru the storm.
Once we reached my in-law's house I had almost completely recovered and we ended up having the best visit ever! Lily was sooooo good. She is completely crazy about her Papa and Booma D. And she got to see her Aunt Kristen and her cousins Morgan and Macey which is always a great time. (Uncle Jason, unfortunately, was not home because he is doing us proud over in Iraq. He was missed by us all.)
What started out as a small disaster ended in complete bliss for us all. I got to sit back and relax! Gone are the days where Lily needs me in her sight at all times or she will throw a fit. She was quite content to let everyone else attend to her every need, sweet little princess! It was fun to watch...We have truly come a long way!

13 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Thank goodness you made it through the storm in one piece! I bet you were exhausted from the tension.

My favorite pics are the three girls looking out the window at Papa, and the one of Lily snugglin' with Papa. The cousins look like they had a blast!

Emmie said...

So glad you could have safe travels! It's so cool how often you guys get together with family and friends! Glad you could have another great weekend!

Steffie B. said...

Hasn't this weather been unreal??? I want summer....I hate being stuck indoors.....glad you stayed safe this weekend.

Verna said...

Glad you made it through the blizzard. Somehow, I think you may just check the weather report next time BUT all was well. We have been known to do crazy things like that too. Great pictures. I can see you had fun and how precious that Lily fell asleep in grandpa's arms.

4D said...

Sounds like you are on a roll of great weekends!

Keep smilin!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

glad you made it ... are we just the worry warts .... i can't download the video ... why ??? help ...when everyone comes in for the reunion, i want at least a 2 hour class on how to do all this cool stuff ...

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok some how i figured it out and love the slide show ... she is one cute cookie !!

Beckyb said...

I knew I was praying for you guys for a reason - you popped into my head and I started praying!!! Glad you are home safe and sound, yet had fun while you were there!!

Jody said...

Great pictures with the Doctor family. I'm so glad you all had such a great visit.

aimeeg said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Gee Gee said...

Wow, is Lily a blessed little girl or not? Oh, and you too Nik for having such a loving and fun extended family!!!

dawn said...

Ohhhh, scary travel day!

Love the photo of the cousins watching Papa shovelling snow.

Beth and Shayna said...

Looks like you all had a great time. That is so great you could all get together.