Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hair today...


Just thought I'd post one last picture of my girl with her loooong hair, cuz she got it CUT Monday night. It looks really cute and I'll post pics of the new "do" on Friday.

Things are good here. Lily is functioning at about 85% now - we're gettin' there. We spent the day Christmas shopping with my mom and had a great time. Although I must admit Lily was quite feisty. At one point, when she was refusing to sit nicely in her stroller (for the umpteenth time) I leaned close to her face and said "Thank you SO much for being three!" To which she replied, "Oh, tank-u for being thirty four!" My frustration quickly turned to laughter. Then we headed over to Macy's to look at some clothes for ME and she was all over the store - even after I had scolded her several times to stay next to me. I was (again) becoming frustrated when she grabbed my hand and dragged me over to the dress section and pointed out a fancy gown "Wook momma! Wook at da gorgeous bwess for a bigga pwincess!" Again, frustration gone. Giggles from momma.

Sometimes my anger ISN'T diffused by her silliness. There are times when I lose my temper. Lately, Lily will give a throaty "AHHHH" and I know she learned it from me. The other day she dropped her marker on the floor and said "AHHH, I am so tired of dis!" And I knew she picked that phrase up from me as well. These are subtle reminders for me to take a deep breath and realize that she is constantly watching, soaking it in, and will eventually imitate. Careful momma!

15 comments:

~Amy~ said...

That girl is just too cute ;) I can't wait to see the hair!

Juliette said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they pick our habits (bad and good ones)? I have to be careful too.
Can't wait to see the new hair do.

kerri said...

I am so busted, my girls copy me too much. LOL
i can't wait to see the big girl hair. :)

RamblingMother said...

Yes it is amazing what they repeat back and how you sound from a three year old. Glenys is really good about throwing it all back at me.

Beverly

Tracy said...

OH, that is so true!! Hannah is constantly saying "Just ReeeeeLAX Mama"!

Can't wait to see the new "do"! :)

4D said...

Lessons learned from little ones.

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Honestly...you just can't stay mad at her when she's THAT cute...:-)

I have been trying to get my eldest daughter to cut her hair for the longest time, but she WILL NOT. Sigh. I guess this is the part where you let them have their freedom? :-)

Tiffany said...

It is SOOOO true... sometimes I feel like I am listening to a tiny version of myself. AHHHHHH

I can't wait to see her new "do".

Tracey and Mike said...

I love it when my five year old tells me I'm being grumpy or bossy.
Can't wait to see the new hair!

Kim said...

I would never be able to scold her...
She is tooo cute...
I love the picture...
she always had this special glow on her face... her little smile is priceless...
Hugs to you
Kim

Steffie B. said...

Oh yes.....BTDT.....don't even want to tell you about the things Sophia has been doing lately! NAUGHTY!

Carrie said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for the simple little reminders. Good reminders for a mama whos buttons are pushed frequently by a sassy but cute three year old. We will look back on this stage and laugh, right?!

Can't wait to see Lily's haircut!

Mommy Spice said...

Oh, I soooo know what you mean about the watching and immitating. I see it all the time.

I can't wait to see Lily's hair!!

dawn said...

Sometimes I think Lily tape records everything I say just so that she can use it against me at a later date!

How can you not laugh at that face? She just gets cuter and prettier by the minute.

mommy24treasures said...

I can't wait to see the new do too!
Shopping with Caitlyn is a great time to test your patience as well. My best bet is Target with an icee and a hotdog when she is really hungry. She can eat and ride in the buggy while I shop. She decided a while back strollers were not her thing.
I could take Jacob and Chloe at 2 shopping together easier than just her alone. She is wayyy busier.
Have a great weekend. Glad Lily feels better.