Saturday, June 16, 2007

Unexpected lovin' on my birthday



OK, so yesterday was my 34th birthday, and I had every intention of just letting the day go by just like any other...no big deal. It was just MY birthday afterall. There would be no big "birthday extravaganza" . No pictures of my "party dress". I wasn't even going to post anything about it -- you all come here for Lily, right?? Well, too bad, this is all about me and my day because it ended up being anything BUT ordinary and I just had to make mention of it.I had such a wonderful and special birthday from beginning to end! I started my day by checking my e-mail and blog comments...just like every other day. Well, I had so many e-mails, Myspace b-day wishes, comments and e-cards...I was totally blown away! I then received several phone calls and texts, and this was all before I left for work! Work was good -- I got a card signed by all my friends (more like family) and lotsa hugs. I started to think maybe my birthday still was a special day afterall. Don't get me wrong -- I love my birthday, I just figured there wouldn't be any fuss made about it. I was wrong! My parents came and sat in my section for lunch, and brought with them beautiful daisy balloons and a card (and a huge tip)! I had a great day and stayed after to enjoy a glass of wine (or 2) on the patio with a co-worker and very dear friend of mine. We were having such a great time together that the hours just slipped away. My hubby ended up calling me and telling me to get my butt home...my family was there to celebrate and I was messing everything up by pulling a "no show". Hey! Who knew?


When I got home Jay was grilling steaks and my family was there waiting for me. I was so touched. We had a great evening outside enjoying good food, more wine and a lot of laughs. Later on some of my neighbors stopped by to join in on the fun.


It ended up being one of the best birthdays I've ever had. Really perfect.


I don't need much. Just the people I love the most close to me. That's all.


Lily wished me a happy birthday several times and was just her cute, little self...being her momma makes every day feel like my birthday. So, now I'm a year older and life honestly just keeps getting sweeter for me. I'm a happy girl.

Oh, and now it's officially over. It's June 16th...go over and wish Stef a very happy birthday. Today is all about HER...love you Stef! Happy Birthday!

28 comments:

Steffie B. said...

I love you too.....thought about you all day! Glad you had a great day!
XOXO

kitchu said...

Happy belated Nikki- sounds like your bday was truly fantastic! I'm turning 40 this year, so I want to make it big- normally I skip over the day, it's not a big deal. But this one feels big!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Happy belated birthday, Nikki! Gld to hear that your day was made special by some very special people. I've been 34 for a couple of months now and it's pretty good!

Elizabeth said...

Clearly you are loved, and now I'm throwingmore love your way. Happy birthday, love you and your blog.

kerri said...

Your spoiled, good for you, that's the way it should be!!
Happy Birthday, your still a
kid!!
I so happy your birthday was special, hugs to ya.

Verna said...

ok, so you had a birthday and this is the first I heard about it. Welllll!! Happy Happy Birthday!! Yeah, it's a little late but Lily got a birthweek so you can have one tooo!!

dawn said...

Happy day sweet Nicki. I am so glad it was sensational.
love us

Carrie said...

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU NIKKI! Wow what a great day of celebrating too! I had no idea Lily and your BDay were so close, how sweet!! Love to you!!

Holly said...

Happy belated birthday! So glad you had a great day.

LaLa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....

Dannye said...

happy belated birthday Nik!!! So glad your day was so perfect like that....so very cool to have some unexpected lovin' like that!!!

Beth and Shayna said...

Happy birthday sweetie! It sounds like it was an amazing day for an amazing woman!

ps, when is Lily's bday. I have seen so many posts, but not sure when. Just wondering. I have 10 family members birthdays in June alone. What happens in September anyway?

C's Mom said...

Hope it was a happy b-day all around...love that photo.

Lynn said...

Happy Day! Youngster!

Mommy Spice said...

Those are the best birthdays...when you're not expecting much and you're pleasantly surprised by special little surprises. Happy Birthday!! I'm a June bday too.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Emmie said...

aww, so sorry I didn't stop by! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN because it's one day after my mom's. Well, glad you had a great day! We mised you last weekend! :( Can't wait to see you soon though! Luvs...

Lauren said...

Happy belated b-day!!!!

Gracie said...

That is so sweet and happy belated birthday. It sounded like it was tons of fun!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Belated Birthday honey!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a great day!

crazylady said...

Happy Birthday little lady.
Don't have too much fun with the latex balloons!

Pam said...

I missed both yours and Stef's birthday. I hope it was a great one.

JMCS said...

Happy birthday to one of the nicest, sweetest, and kindest people I have ever met. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you were fussed over.

Kim

Mr.Brian said...

Belated happy birthday.Glad it was so much fun.And suprises always make things better.

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday, Nikki, you young thing!!! I'm so sorry I am so late with this. That really does sound so perfect -- I am so glad you are so loved and so appreciated by those around you -- you deserve it!

t~ said...

It sounds like a wonderful birthday! I'm just like you on that one...I want it to silently pass by, no big deal.

Happy Birthday!