Sunday, July 1, 2007

Back to Lily

Well, just when I thought we would remain a family of three -- God shows me that I don't know much of anything at all! No, we have not started the process for baby #2, but it's lookin' more and more like there is another child in our future. We have some things to do first, but I am again hopeful that someday...







But, for now, back to baby #1! Lily is doing sooooo great. I have much to tell. First of all, my sweet girl is POTTY TRAINED! I am so proud of her I could burst. I find myself telling anyone who will listen about her latest accomplishment. I'm sure the clerk at the grocery store could care less that my child goes pee-pee and poo poo on the potty, but I just can't help but tell her. I never pushed Lily in this area, because I had decided long ago that she would let me know when the time was right for her. Well, the time is now. She has gone several days with no accidents and she has even woken up in the morning with a dry diaper.(not every morning) The other night she actually woke me up at 3 in the morning cuz she had to go! I am amazed.







Other than that, she has just been up to her usual antics. She is not quite over all of her "baby" behavior just yet. Still fights her naps with every ounce of her energy most days, but momma knows she still NEEDS one. She had a major melt down last week before she finally fell asleep and when she woke up she immediately began to re-count the events: "I all done bwying now. Momma shut da door. Momma told me to bweeve"...(I had shut the door to the bedroom and returned because she was so hysterical I thought she might get sick, so I went and sat with her and said "Lily, you need to breathe, calm down" etc. etc.)







She is memorizing more and more of her books -- so much so that I have to be careful to read EVERY word correctly to her. Otherwise she gets upset, scolds me, and makes me begin again. (My mother-in-law got in trouble for mis-reading one of the pages too.) Hilarious. Once when she was correcting me I began to read the page again (the right way), I guess I was reading too loudly for her liking so she told me to "turn it down". Then she shh'd me for awhile. Bossy kid. Should've named her Lola. Whatever Lily wants, Lily gets.





We have family in from out of town so we are GO GO GO right now. I'll be back later.

Oh, and be sure to check out Lily's new "bwocks" (mock crocs) that daddy bought her. She wears them EVERYWHERE. Her other shoes no longer exist.

26 comments:

Verna said...

Wow!! I am so glad you have started the thought process for #2. Make sure to have all the info when we get together. I'm excited to hear the details.

Mommy Spice said...

What? More, more, more about baby #2.

S.G. was pretty easy to potty train too. It's a great accomplishment!

Beth and Shayna said...

Congrats on the potty training. That is so great. I decided to take the same approach with Shayna. There are days she wants a diaper and days she does not. But, yippee for Lily. I am also happy that you are in a good place about #2, whenever it may come for you all. Have fun with company in town.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

HOORAY for being potty trained. It has always been the WORST part of parenthood to me!

Amy Ellison said...

my oh my! yay for lily! what a big girl. perhaps she could teach grace a few things before rgace starts pre-school. ugh.

so lets get together soon and talk about baby #2 eh?

kerri said...

Congrats on being potty trained Lily, good girl, proud of you.
I am so happy there is a big smile on your face.

Lynn said...

God is good...keep up the faith. I can't wait to hear the details!

Love those pink crocs!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Yay for LILY!!! Congratulations on the potty training. :) What a huge accomplishment!

Carrie said...

Fully potty trained, how exciting for you both!

And I can't wait to hear about #2!!

See you soon!!

Steffie B. said...

What?????? Your just gonna leave me hanging like that? When I see you in a few days I am going to kick your booty!

Luv Mis Lil......like always!

UGH.....UGh, Ugh Ugh!

crazylady said...

I'm peeing with excitement over the potty news!
We are almost there too! Well, one kid is, and one kid almost.

Baby #2? Huh? Wuz up wit dat?

Tracy said...

Congratulations on the potty training! Hannah is fully potty trained too -- finally! On the one hand, it seems like it took forever, and on the other hand, it seems like it happened over night. One day I told her that we had no more pull-ups and that she had to wear underwear. Within 2 days she was pretty much potty trained. No diapers at night either! I was pleasantly surprised that she was able to stay dry all night!

I hope you share more about the possible addition to your family. I'm a bit confused ... very happy for you, but confused! Steve and I realize that if we want a second child we may have to explore other options. Although we've been LID to China for 9 months, I really have a feeling we won't be going back. We may be a one child family after all ...

Dannye said...

Yeah Lily!! What a big girl and an amazing feat!! I'd tell everyone too!! We are so very proud of her!!

And keep us posted about child #2 please, you can't leave us hanging like that!! hehe

Enjoy that reunion, can't wait to see the pictures...

Gracie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gracie said...

Congrats, sweet pics!

Holly said...

That's great you have started the process for baby #2. How exciting. Congrats on the potty training!

redmaryjanes said...

What???
Sorry, I completely disregarded the rest of your post and am wholly focused on the new baby part.
What???
You'd better fess up girl!

Praise and Coffee said...

How exciting to be thinking about baby #2!!!!! I pray God leads you through the whole process.
Love,
Sue

Anne Marie said...

I am so happy to hear that at least a little bit of the path to baby 2 has been opened. We're here for you through all the twists and turns.

Yay, Lily! I'm so proud that you are going on the potty! I can't wait to see your beautiful new shoes!

Elizabeth said...

OK! Spill it! Whay is going on with #2?!?! Last I read there was no #2, now there is?!
And your girl is going #1 and #2 on her own... that is a great thing. Mine is needing work...

dawn said...

Is there something you aren't telling us???

Love your crocs miss Lily they are stylin"

Jewels of My Heart said...

Baby #2 will be with you one day. Glad things are looking up.
You go Lily! Very impressed and she is too cute!

Steffie B. said...

Ok....now that I am over being preturbed with you...just kidding....glad to see Miss Lil got some crocks! Aren't they great? I even FINALYY found a pair of little black ones for Daniel! ;)

C's Mom said...

Wooho to Ms. Lily = Queen of the Clean and Dry Bum.

insanemommy said...

Oh, how exciting for you. Or at least to know that there is a real possibility of baby #2!

JMCS said...

Congrats to Lily on the potty training. She is such a smart little girl. I am so excited to hear that there may be another Lil Bubble Queen or King in your future. You guys are such awesome parents, a baby would be so lucky to have your guys for parents.

P.S. Aren't Crocs great??? :)

Hugs,
Jonni