Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Feelin' groovy!














OK, so the bug left my body as quickly as he came and I was able to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, SUNNY day with Lily yesterday. We literally did not come inside for 7 hours straight (except to do some quick diaper changes).

We had friends over in the morning and we walked with the kids up to the park. Then, we went in the backyard and played on the swingset for awhile. Lily ate her lunch "picnic" style, and we stopped over at the neighbor's house so Lily could pet their cute little bunny rabbit Mr. Beans. Lily is SUCH an animal lover, so she was in heaven over the fact that a fuzzy little creature actually sat in her lap. She is so used to kittens and puppies running from her. When it came time to ask Lily if she was ready for a nap, she just laid down on the porch and said, "I sweep outside today." It was so great to enjoy all the fresh air! Lily was just so happy! For awhile she just sat on her little chair on the porch yelling at the neighbors "Come over and see me evewee one!" For a child who claims to "yuv winta" me thinks she is a pretty big fan of the warm stuff too!

And, to totally change the subject: to my fellow American Idol watchers -- wasn't tonight's show great?!? I loved it and thought that everybody (minus Jordin, surprisingly) did an incredible job with Bon Jovi's songs. I am so curious to see what TWO people get the boot tomorrow, I think it will be kinda sad to see anyone go at this point.

Well, thank you for all your well wishes on Sunday. I am so happy I was only down and out for one day. It stormed again today, but we are supposed to have nothin' but sun for the rest of the week, so I don't expect to be in the house much...lots of late night blogging for me!

22 comments:

Carrie said...

That is so funny she wanted to lay down on the porch, too cute! Glad to hear you are feeling better over there. Let's hope the warm weather sticks around longer for everyone's sake.

Steffie B. said...

So glad you are feeling better....I hope it's sunny here today....we are planning to drive to TN so we will have to talk about that on June 2nd. ;)

Jody said...

I can't believe how big Sydney looks, cute pictures I especially like the "nap time" pic.

C's Mom said...

Glad it was a quick down-time.

Love those photos!

I have to say I was pretty surprised last night. I wasn't so sure Jordin could have an 'off' night but she did. She's m'girl!

Gee Gee said...

The beautiful, sunny weather does make you come alive doesn't it? Did she actually "sweep" outside? So darn cute!

Beckyb said...

This weather is nicer than the last two days - I am NOT ready for 90's yet!!! I have to ease into it!!! Enjoy these great days!!!

Anne Marie said...

So glad you are feeling better!

That sounds like the perfect day. I am so glad the bunny sat in her lap -- I can just imagine the pure joy Lily was feeling.

redmaryjanes said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. The weather has been really beautiful hasn't it?

Mommy Spice said...

There's nothing like those perfect, sunny, outside days. I love "sweeping outside."

American Idol was awesome last night. I am really surprised at how well they did Bon Jovi songs. Poor Jordin. I don't want to see her go. She is still so amazing. I LOVED Blake's version of Shot Through The Heart. I actually liked Phil Stacey too, and I'm not really a fan of his.

Emmie said...

So glad you are feeling better today and could get out and enjoy the warm, sunny weather! It's great isn't it!? Say goodbye to those jackets and hello to shorts! :)

Olivia said...

Sounds like a great day! we are having amazing weather over here too!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

GLAD YOU R FEELING BETTER AND HAD A FUN DAY ... OK MY QUESTIONS IS HOW MUCH DID YOU CRY LAST WEEK DURING AMRERICAN IDOL ??? I CAN'T HARDLY STAND TO WATCH SHOWS WITH ORPHANS .. THE 12 YEAR OLD BOY WHO CARES FOR HIS 7 YEAR OLD SISTER IS STILL STICKING WITH ME ... LOL

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Nice to know that you are feeling better and that you were able to enjoy the beautiful weather. Sigh..isn't spring glorious?

Polar Bear said...

I'd want to 'sweep' outside too! What a fun day!

I'm glad you are feeling better!

dawn said...

so glad you are feeling better.
Lily is way to cute with that sleep outside line!

JMCS said...

Nikki,

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. I love Lily's enthusiasm for life. Sleeping on the deck sounds cool to me too. :)

Hugs,
Jonni

tundrachica said...

Glad your feeling better...Lily is so cute and such an outdoorsy gal. I wonder how she would fair in the land of the midnight sun. :)

Praise and Coffee said...

Glad you're feeling better!
It does the soul good to enjoy a day in the sun.

Love the pics!

Tracy said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better and that you've been able to spend time outside.

Elizabeth said...

Good that your feeling fine again and taking such great shots. I like the one of her laying down too. Cute!

PandaMom said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling yuckie, but great to know you could enjoy some of God's amazing creations outside!

Lynn said...

Isn't this weather blissful?? I think I'd like to sleep outside tonight too!!