Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My brown eyed girl

Yeah, there is something really special about a brown eyed girl.
My dad's nickname for my mom when they were dating was "Miss Brown Eyes".
My best friend from high school has blonde hair and brown eyes -- in my opinion, an incredibly rare and beautiful combination.
My niece has lovely, large brown eyes that I have admired for years, and now...
My Lily is a beautiful brown eyed girl.

She is very aware of everybody's eye color these days, too. Ever since she met (and fell in love with) the kitty cat down the street. She suddenly looked up at me and said "titty tat bween eyes" and then she gasped and said "momma bween eyes titty tat!" (translation: Kitty cat has green eyes. Momma has green eyes like the kitty cat). Then at Christmas she met Jay's aunt's dog Darby. So, now Lily has "bwown eyes wike Dawby" (brown eyes like Darby, obviously)...
Oh, and "daddy has bwoo eyes"...she hasn't met an animal with blue eyes yet.

Thanks Mya for the awesome shirt! We love it!

10 comments:

aimeeg said...

Cute shirt! One of my students has the same one:)

Beckyb said...

That is SO true - Chloe even asked the nurse examining her eye (when we went to the ER that day) what color her eyes were - she is all into that!! Most of us are Blue Eyed here but she loves it that Caleb has brown just like Chloe!!!

Steffie B. said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT......I can't wait to see what Joe can come up with for us! Email that picture to Becky for sure! ;)

dawn said...

I want that shirt for Lily!
Such a cute photo of Miss Lily Lin Bwown Eyes.

I miss the way Lily used to talk, I called them Lilyisms and they were so cute but she is all gwown up now!

Dannye said...

Big Beautiful Brown Eyes, now that is something to be proud of and to flaunt around!!!

Lily Lin is hysterical, her "Lilyisms" (as Dawn so cleverly put it) are great and something to treasure and remember.

Anne Marie said...

So so cute.

Emmie said...

Love the pic! Not much to say besides ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute !!! lily has a beautiful smile, just like her mom !!!

Pam said...

I loe the shirt. All the girls look so cute in them. I love the big brown eyes.

Jody said...

The picture turned out great!!!!