Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Once Upon a Potty


Well, another book has "come alive" in our house. NO, Lily is not potty-trained (yet). We have just begun the introductions at this point. I borrowed a couple "potty books" from my sister and have put Lily's "big-girl potty" out in her playroom and told her it is there when she is ready to use it. So far I have heard a whole lot of "all done big girl potty!"
But...she loves the books. Wants to read them all the time.
I, however, do not love the books. Maybe I am alone here, but I find the book I have pictured here to be a little ridiculous.
I didn't even know HOW to react when I turned the page only to see poor Prudence bent in half to show us EXACTLY where her poop comes out. I seriously had to ask myself, "Is this completely necessary??"


But, Lily insists on reading this particular book and who am I to argue? I mean, apparently parents everywhere highly recommend it. So, the other night when I was lying in bed with my little snuggle bug, waiting patiently for her to talk herself to sleep I realized she was repeating the same little sentence over and over again..."wittle ho mating poo poo" (which, of course ,translates to "little hole for making poo poo"...Oh my gosh, my maturity level must not be where it should be -- I about lost it. Are you kidding me???

Hey, if this book ends up playing an instrumental role in getting Lily potty-trained, then I will come back and eat my words, but until then... I just don't know!!!

13 comments:

Beckyb said...

At this point - I'd take the book - stupid or not!!! We have been working on potty training for MONTHS now and still if I don't remind her - she goes in her pullups, big girl panties, etc. She just doesn't care and I am about ready to give up - so let me know if it works for you!!!

Emmie said...

lol! Love it! I know how you feel! We have the video! Since then she had been saying "wee-wee, poo-poo" and knows to tell us when or if she going or has to go. :) So, hey, i guess whatever works! :)

Dannye said...

Okay I'm with you on this one Nikki, but hey if it works, then so be it, but are you kidding, do we really have to show pictures and everything of where "poo-poo" comes out???? Okay, maybe once I become a mom this will make more sense to me, but nope not feeling it yet...

aimeeg said...

Too funny. I would have completely lost it at that line.

We actually have a copy of that in our bathroom, and no children in the house, so figure that one out....:)

Steffie B. said...

You need to get the video! It's hilarious! You'll be singing the potty song like we do!

4D said...

That is a tad TMI!!

Have not faced that. No potty training unless the dog counts.

Keep smilin!

Jody said...

I felt the same way about the book, alittle too much information. Potty training can be a tough one just enjoy the fun, silly moments and don't get stressed. This comes from some one who almost LOST it several times with the whole potty thing.
Love ya!!

Pam said...

I cracked up when I scrolled down to the picture. Is that something that should even be in a kids book.

Verna said...

I'm just sitting her laughing. That is really funny in my lab tech humor way. Hey we make fun of gross stuff where I work. On the potty training matter, we have purchased Elmo's Potty Time--also a bit much and way too long for a 2 yr old.

Gee Gee said...

Gosh, I love starting my day with a "howl" from reading Nikki's blog. Hey, hang it there! It'll happen when you least expect it!! It's not worth stressing over.

Pink Evita said...

We used this book and I am convinced it did help a little. It is just so darn cute and they love the part where she SAT AND SAT AND SAT....

On another note my brother lives in Royal Oak. Parents are in Birmingham. We are up there several times a year. I love Royal Oak.

TaiwanMommy said...

Dear Lily-

I'm Kyra. I'll be three in June too (on the 5th). I'm also toilet training. I like "Everybody Poops" it makes me laugh.

I sleep with Momma and Daddy too. My big girl bed is cute and I like to play in it, but I find I relax better when I can stick my head on Dad's pillow and my toes in the waistband of Mom's undies. Gotta stay warm, you know. Honestly, what's a gal to do?

Mom is setting the alarm for every 45 minutes, and I am sitting on the pot. Only one accident. But it's time consuming. And I have twin sisters who are 14 months old. They're doing their best to distract Mom and make diapers part of my ongoing wardrobe for awhile.

When I *do* make poo-poos in the toilet, I am fond on deciding what they resemble. My last one was a "whale". Very attractive. Mom says I'm gifted. Daddy just runs away when I try to show him. I don't get it.

Love,
Kyra

LedaP said...

I started cracking up when I saw that...we used to have that book, but it was the boy version.

That is too funny.