Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Home again, home again...


Well, we are home again and I am EXHAUSTED!!!!!

Christmas was wonderful, but traveling with my child is a lot of work. She loves to go and see her extended family, but it is a bit overwhelming for her at the same time. She/we had a couple of rough nites. She was up at 3am the first night ready to party. That festive mood of hers lasted until after 5am. Her naps were screwy and she had way too much cake and candy, so our trip ended with a big pile of throw up. But my mother-in-law runs her home like a five star hotel, so we were cleaned up and happy within an hour and all of the yuckies were laundered and good as new. Other than those few technical difficulties, the trip was really great. Lily loved being with her grandparents and they got to spend a lot of quality time together. She also got to play with her cousins Morgan and Macey (4yrs and 2yrs) which was both fun a tad chaotic (but we love that kind of chaos). She loves her cousins and her Aunt Kristen and Uncle Jason very much. We don't get to see them very often, but she NEVER forgets them.

We spent Christmas Eve with Jay's grandma Doctor. We enjoyed filet mignon, corn, rolls, jello, and ice-cream cake, oh and the best potatoes I have ever eaten!

We spent Christmas Day with Jay's mom's side of the family at Grandpa and Grandma Meyer's house. It was a full house with aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. It was great to be a part of it.

I felt so blessed to spend both days with my inherited grandparents, since it has been a long time since I had to say good-bye to my own.

Lily got so many wonderful gifts. Some of them have already become her new favorites, and some of them are still waiting in their packages. We will have plenty to keep us busy for the rest of the winter.

I'll write more tomorrow and post some pictures, but for now I am going to hit the hay. Lily is already crashed out on the couch. And it isn't even 10:00! Now you KNOW the whole Christmas thing wore her out!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and made many special memories of their own.

4 comments:

Beckyb said...

Sounds like fun - time with family is always good!! Can't wait to see pictures!! Glad you're home again - I missed you in the blog world!

Steffie B. said...

Glad you had a good time and that you arrived back home safely! I am exhausted as well. Hopefully I'll get the blog thing going again in a few days! :)

dawn said...

Oh that picture is great, her little face is just too cute and gleeful. Welcome home.....hope you got good sleeps in your own bed!

Emmie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a great time. Sometimes I wish we could get together/see our extended family more often. Well, glad to see you had fun and are home safely! :)