Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Mother

I am my daughter's number one fan. Duh! In my eyes, there isn't another creature out there more beautiful (inside or out) than my girl. I don't feel badly about that. I believe it's my job as her mom to think that she is IT. And to me, she is...she always has been. I loved her long before I laid eyes on her, but as soon as I took one look at this sweet face - I was a goner.



I remember wondering what kind of person she would become...there was a time when I couldn't even fathom her talking! And now we have such wonderful conversations. Every day with her offers so many new and wonderful surprises - fresh ways for her to bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart...

She is still convinced that when she grows up she will be an "astronaut in outer space." She has recently added that she will be taking five of her astronaut friends with her and "my famiwee will wait for me on earf". This addition was made after she discovered that momma was NOT going to accompany her. (No thank you.) But, I love that she is a big dreamer, yet still wants to make sure she's not goin' it alone...I think it is so sweet (at around 4pm) she will ask me what I'd like to do for "pwiet time"(this is a MUST now that she isn't napping.) Often we will do puzzles at this time...she's getting really good. She can do several of her "states" puzzle pieces without my help and she even knows the capital of Idaho is "Boys"! (Close enough.)...And the other morning when I opened the door to see that it had snowed, my first reaction was to mutter under my breath something quite unpleasant, but before I could do that, Lily was behind me squealing "Oh mommy! I was wishing we would get some more snow! Wook! It's so beeeauty-ful!" And she was right - it WAS beautiful. Because of her, I didn't even mind scraping my car that morning.

I've always known she was somebody very special...I just never knew I would fall more deeply in love with her everyday. I still pinch myself and wonder how I got sooo lucky. I don't say this to be sappy or evoke emotion - it's just how I feel.

Thanks God, for my beautiful angel from heaven...I am forever grateful for this gift. It was worth all the pain. She was worth the wait.

You saw every tear I cried...
Psalm 126:5 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.

Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as the happy mother of children. Praise the Lord!

36 comments:

Sophie's Mom said...

Awww... I can see why you're her biggest fan! She clearly brings you so much joy!

Daniella said...

Not sappy - beautiful and true. We are our children's biggest fans and that is how it should be. Thank you for giving me the hope to keep on waiting.... Have a wonderful weekend.

4D said...

Wonderful to see the loving and appreciative words you have your your little one.

Keep smilin!

RamblingMother said...

Your baby has much higher aspirations than Glenys. Last thing Glenys wanted to be was the garbage man because she watched them one morning pick up our trash and thought the truck was cool.

Beverly

~Amy~ said...

What a beautiful post Nikki! Just what I wanted to read on a day like today. You are VERY lucky to have a sweet girl like Lily. God definitly was smiling down on you! Have a wonderful weekend girl...

kerri said...

What an amazing post, I could feel your love in every word.
When Lily takes her first walk on Mars, we'll all be so proud, I love that she has such wonderful dreams and ambitions.
I love the "baby" pics!!

Steffie B. said...

Beautiful my friend..... ;)

kitchu said...

I am not sure any other post of yours has made me feel quite this way- I am so amazed by your love for her, and cannot wait to experience that for myself. You have such an amazing daughter. Thank you for continuing to share her with us, and for posting those pics from her younger days (god what a CUTIE)~!

Tiffany said...

So beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Linette said...

What a beautiful post Nikki! And what a sweet little baby face she had (and still does). :) So beautiful what you said about her...brought me to tears!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Dear me! THat child has been that cute from the day you met her? Well, I'D fall in love too....:-)

LaLa said...

She is beautiful and so full of joy. Isn't it amazing how when we look at things through their eyes it is always something better!

Mr.Brian said...

What a heart warming post. I see the love you parents have for these kids,and it touches my heart. When I see Chloe in church I just thank God for all the famalies who have opened their hearts and homes to these precious little childern.
I shudder to think of what their lives could have been.
God bless you and your family.
I can just feel the love when i read your blog.
Blessings...
Mr.Brian

Gee Gee said...

We have all fallen head over heels for the special package you received Nik...
She is such a DOLL!!!

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures...
And you are not sappy at all.... Every child is soooo beautiful and they are the joy in our lives...
Have a Great Weekend..
Thanks for always being there..
You are wonderful..
and Lily is soooo cute..
Hug her for me..

dawn said...

Such a beautiful post from such a beautiful lady.

Beckyb said...

SO TRUE - I totally understand what you are saying!!! What a blessing!

Paula said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you. It brought tears to my eyes. I feel exactly the same way about my daughters. Children are such wonderful blessings.
That is funny though, my family will stay on "Ewth", love it!

Anonymous said...

Lily is truly a beautiful child inside and out. Your not sappy, just a Momma who loves her child and sees the good in all you have and isn't afraid to open yourself up and share it with the world!!

How refreshing!! :) Thanks, Nikki :)

Laura Nipper said...

She is such an angel and the photos of her as a baby are darling. What an emotional post to read. You have been blessed. :)

Linette said...

I love your new blog look! SO cute! Did Becky do it? :) Love the pictures of Lily on your header!

Steffie B. said...

very cute new look girly! ;)

Kim said...

LOVE the new look...
Lily is soooo cute...
Hugs to you girly

mommy24treasures said...

beautiful...

Loraena Tuttle said...

She is so adorable! And I totally understand how you feel!

Beth and Shayna said...

What a great post. And I love the pictures you posted, wow has she grown.

Lily's Pad said...

Beautiful words for a beautiful little girl. Love the pictures too.

Ava Baby said...

Lily is beautiful and you are a very lucky momma!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

as always eloquently put ... you have the magic touch with words and i can't wait for Lil to read all you have said about her one day ... love ya bunches ...

Tracey and Mike said...

Lily looks like a little doll in that first picture...
I totally get the mommy-love. Every day my husband and I look at eachother in amazement that WE were so lucky to get our sweet Ran.

~Amy~ said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

redmaryjanes said...

She is so darling. How can help but just be in awe?

Jewels of My Heart said...

Beautiful...... you always touch me heart. Yes, we are so blessed to have our babies home.

Denise C said...

Oh dear....I am so crying over here in TN! Nikki, this is such a precious post! Your little Lily is blessed beyond measure to have you as her mommy! She is truly an angel and God sure did bless you both my friend!
Love you,
Denise

3 Peanuts said...

So beautifully written. That is exactly how a Momma should feel about the lil ones:) I ahve no doubt she'll do great things...just look at what you teach her everyday:)

Kim

Heather said...

I'd be her biggest fan too! She is gorgeous! What a wonderful mommy!

My first time here...nice to meet you:)

Heather