Sunday, January 6, 2008

Updates

Just thought I'd give some updates since I have been spending A LOT less time on the computer lately...Lily, however, has been spending much time on hers. She asked for Leapfrog's Clickstart computer for Christmas and got it (thank you, Papa and Booma D) and loves it.
Other than that, I have been working some extra shifts...to make up for the time off I had over the holidays. I am still suffering from a nasty cold/sinus/allergy thing that developed two weeks ago...and I am tired.


Lily is good. Her sassy attitude seems to have subsided and she is back to her sweet self once again. (thank God) She is still sleeping upstairs in her princess bed...however, most nights that is where you'll find me too! Oh well, baby steps. She is also struggling with our "eating better in 2008" motto. She really doesn't
want to give up candy. And I have noticed that everywhere we go, people give it to her. They give her a sucker when we checkout at the grocery store, a Hershey kiss at the bank, and I found MYSELF guilty of giving her some this evening before I left for work...a reward for her letting me go without a fight.
On the subject of rewarding good behavior I'll leave you with this: the other day I picked Lily up from my parents' house after work and she was excited to give me a "present".
Lily: "Mommy, dis is for you. It's a pwesent. I painted dis picture for you." (so she
hands me her painting)

Me: "Wow, Lily, thank you so much. That is so nice!"
Lily: "Momma, dat's what happens when YOU are a dood dirl!"
So, apparently I've been a good girl. Yay me.
Hope you are all doing well and that 2008 is off to a good start.







15 comments:

Denise C said...

Lily will be blogging on her new computer with the rest of us before you know it! She's such a cutie!!

Thank you for your sweet comments left on my blog! I also got your email and will continue to lift you all up in prayer as you seek God's will in finding the church that He has chosen for you to be effective for Him! Hang in there....it will happen and you'll feel at home once again, I promise! I'll share our "church search story" with you privately at some point if you'd like.

I am sorry you are dealing with a nasty cold situation! Take care of yourself!

Thanks for sharing pics of Little Miss Lily!

Blessings to you, my new friend!
Denise

Paula said...

That looks like a cool kid computer.That is neat that she is sleeping in her bed. I hope you feel better soon. I've had a cold that is clinging on too. I'm afraid to work out, I don't want it to come back (maybe thats my excuse for not working out, hehe)

Kim said...

GOOD GIRL MOMMY...
That is adorable..
Lily is soooo cute..
Love the computer..
Tell Lily to send me a message and I will write her back...
Hope you start feeling better..
Love the pictures..
Hugs to you my friend..

~Amy~ said...

Love the pics as always! Good job on being a very "good girl!" ;) ;)

Much love to you!

Gracie said...

Those are adorable pictures!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Hi Nikki, I hope you are feeling better. It's so hard to get through the day when you are sick let alone working extra. Lily is so sweet and I must say, I am very proud of you for being a dood dirl!!!
Gold Star for you!

C's Mom said...

Thanks for checking in.

Lily seems to have it going on with that computer savvy!

Take good care :0)

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am glad I haven't missed many posts, I have been busy too and felt like I hadn't been by in a while. Lily's PC looks really neat. Glad your spicy girl is being extra sweet. I know about the candy thing. My mom is the worst and I can't brak her heart so I let it slide.
Maybe you can go buy some sticker books or little treats of some kind like some lip glosses or dollar store necklaces or something and give to her when she doens't mind you leaving and is a dood dirl.
Have a good week.

PandaMom said...

I'm with Lily....give up candy? It's tooo hard! ; )

Steffie B. said...

Hope you feel better soon. I fought the sinus headaches all through Christmas. Currently I am in MAJOR neck and shoulder pain again! ;( Going to a new chiro on Wed. I'm praying for some relief. It makes me feel like I am going to throw up the pain is so bad!

Glad Miss Lily is calming down...can she come over and give Sophia a few pointers? lol It hought todays devo was great. Spoke right to me!

Hugs....
S*

kerri said...

Get well soon.
Glad to hear you have been behaving and are a good girl. *wink*
I have been good too for a whole, what's the date?, 6 days. he he .

Tiffany said...

Well I think our Lily picked up the sassy attitude... I don't know how such cute little people can be so SASSY?????

I love Lily's new computer and she looks so adorable with it (as always).

I hope you feel better soon!!!!

insanemommy said...

Happy New Year to you. Sorry to hear you've been sick. It sounds like it's going around.

I didn't know that you were a working mommy..

LaLa said...

What a cutie...glad you've been good.

When Lily is finished "schooling" Sophia can she come teach Miss Annslee?

JMCS said...

Oh how I love me some Lily! She is so sweet, I can see how everyone wants to give her candy all the time. She's so darn cute, they just want to be around her.She just has the sweetest little face!!! I hope your cold gets better soon. Happy 2008.

Hugs,
Jonni
:)