Monday, January 14, 2008

Lil' Tidbits and a lil' gratitude

Today I was in desperate need of getting some cleaning done around the house, so after getting home from a playdate I set Lily up in her playroom with some toys and books. This worked for a few. But then I heard "Momma! C'meeere! I neeeeed you!" So, up I went. When I got into her playroom she handed me her wand and said "You be da fairy and turn me into somefing." So, of course, I did my best fairy impression..."Bippity, Boppity, Boo! You're a DOG!" And Lily was on all fours, barking. "Bippity, Boppity, Boo! You're a BABY!" She responds saying "Mama" and doing her best "WHAAHH" Again? OK. "Bippity, Boppity, Boo! You're a...MOMMA!? She sat (thinking) for a moment, and then (giggling, with her hands on her hips) she says sassily "I got stuff to do!" Then I turned her into a frog. hehe

A bit earlier we were playing in her playroom and she looked perplexed. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I don't know what to do next." I asked her if she'd like to do some puzzles. "Oh yes. Wet's do da puzzle where we wive." So, she grabbed her puzzle of the USA. I grabbed the Michigan piece and said "Lily, this is Michigan...you know this is where we live in the US." Then she grabbed the Texas piece and said "Dis is Texas!" (I was surprised, and impressed...we hadn't done this puzzle in quite some time) "Wow, Lily! That's right" I said. "How did you know that?" To which she replied, quite confidently "Cuz I know things!"
Hope you all have a week filled with lil tidbits that make you smile.
P.S. To you beautiful ladies who nominated my lil blog for an award I say THANK YOU! I will be breaking all rules and NOT posting the awards on my blog. However, I am extremely grateful for your kind words and acknowledgement. The people I have met here in "blogland" are one-of-a-kind. I honestly can't picture my life without you guys in it. Seriously, I should cut back on my time spent here and get some other things done, but can't seem to do it. I just love you all too much. So, thanks.

26 comments:

Dannye said...

loving the mama impression...she is such a crack up!! would've loved to see the frog picture too, ribbit, ribbit!! hehe

love the tidbits, keep em coming!!

Kim said...

Lily is tooo cute...
I love it...
She makes me smile..
Love the pictures..
Have a Great Day girly.
Did you get any cleaning done.. or were you to busy PLAYING?.?.?.
LOL

4D said...

Sweet stuff.

Keep smilin!

mommy24treasures said...

thank you for all your tidbits. I will think on them throughout the day when I need a smile :)

~Amy~ said...

"Cuz I know things"...by far my favorite line! HAHA I love that little Lily!!!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for visiting my blog! I think Verna did an excellent job. I LOVE your blog, too! Your Lily is just adorable!
Have a wonderful day,
Monica

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oops...sorry Nikki (not Amy)! Trying to do too many thing at once here!

~M

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Well, she IS smart! LOL!

Tiffany said...

She is so funny!!!! Too cute!

kerri said...

Smart and adorable. ;)
Love her Momma impression, made me laugh aloud.
Congrats on your awards, I too need to vacate the computer area and clean my castle.
Now you said something about coffee, chocolate and meeting me in the tower, LOL.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

that smartie pants ... tell her to slow down ... no kindergarten yet ...i can just hear that sweet voice ... and when my mags smiles i think of lil sometimes ... wow, thanks Lord for our children and what amazing things they teach us ..

Pam said...

A smart beautiful little girl.

3 Peanuts said...

If it make you feel any better i broke all the rules and did not post about the awards either. I get so embarrassed and worried i will hurt someone's feelings by not nominating them.

I LOVE your blog and Lily. I really do. I would love to add you to my blogroll. let me know if that is okay.

Kim

dawn said...

She does know stuff! She is one wittle smarty pants and a cute one too.
I love blogging but I feel so much better about things now that I have cut back. It just takes me FOREVER to catch up .

Denise C said...

She's sharp as a tack in my opinion! That little gal is just precious and I just love to see and hear her in action! Thanks for the "Lily" tidbits!!!

Paula said...

I know, If I spent less time blogging and more time cleaning, my house would look great. Some things I just cannot give up :)

Steffie B. said...

Funny you shoudl say that about the awards.....I just removed all mine from the side bar.

Love Miss Lil.....but you already new that! When are we getting together?

~Amy~ said...

I agree with Stef...we live in the same state dang-it...we should totally do a girls day or something! ;)

Tracy said...

Love the lil' tidbits! I just posted a couple of photos on my blog--just for you!

Two Kayaks said...

You deserve all the accolades you get. You are a very sweet girl. :)

redmaryjanes said...

Yeah, she knows things!! Too cute. I love hearing the things she says.

insanemommy said...

You are such a great fairy godmother! If I hear bippity boppity boo one more time I'm going to turn into a toad... She is precious.

Much Ado said...

Your Lily is so entertaining! "i got stuff to do!" - I laughed out loud at this! :)

3 Peanuts said...

nikki, Go see my thankful thursday list. This week I am thankful for you. And my tests were negative:)
Kim

LaLa said...

Love it..she is such a little character....love your Fairy Godmother impression..should have turned her into Daddy just to see what she would say/do LOL

Jewels of My Heart said...

You two couldn't be any sweeter or cuter..... Bibbity Bobbity BOO!
I Love You Too!