Monday, January 28, 2008

Movie Monday. Installment One: Pwicky Puzzle


My friend Tracy suggested I start doing "Movie Monday" with my Lily videos...so, I'm doin' it. I love telling stories of my girl, but I'm sure many of my stories lose something in the "translation". So, every Monday you will get to hear Lily speak for herself! And as much as I enjoy her "Lilyisms"... I have been working with her on the letters of the alphabet that she hasn't quite mastered. The letter 'T' is one that we have been working on A LOT. She will now ask for a Ta-reat, instead of a pweat. And, she also realizes it is not a pwicky puzzle, but a T-T-Ta-ricky one. (Next, we'll try to tackle the 'K' sound.)


I taped Lily yesterday afternoon while she was doing her puzzle of the United States. I know I have mentioned this puzzle before, but I just love how quickly she has figured this thing out. She is already better at it than I am. I also love that she really enjoys learning facts and putting things together. She's smart in this area. (and I am SO NOT)... I also love how she is trying to be obedient and look at me while she talks, but finds it hard to take her eyes off of the puzzle. Focused much? Oh yeah.


In other news...Becky gave my blog a spiffy new look. Don't ya love it? I DO! You can find her at http://www.ladyinwaitingblogdesign.blogspot.com/


Have a great week!

24 comments:

~Amy~ said...

OH gotta love the "Pwicky Puzzle!" I love that little voice of hers and how she says she can't see the puzzle when she looks up. Oh so cute! :)

Happy Monday!

Kim said...

I can see now why you talk about LILY...
She is the cutest... I love how she knows all those states and some of the capitals..
That is amazing..
But I think I need to come visit and get Lily to know where Arizona is and that is where Kim lives...LOL
Hugs to you my friend..
Hope you had a Great Time at work..

Juliette said...

Lovely! What a smart girl she is.
Have a wonderful week!

Daniella said...

Okay I love this idea - my new Monday morning fix! She is too cute and it's nice to hear your voice. I love your new blog look.
Have a great week.

Linette said...

Oh that was TOO cute! She is such a smartie. :) I just love her sweet little voice!

Laura Nipper said...

Wow she is a smart one and I am impressed she knows where California is. Tell her she can come visit any time. :) It's really warm here most of the time.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Toooooooooooooooo SWEET! Yes, your Lily is sweeter than sugar!
I love your new look... It is so happy and cheerful. Spring is in the air..... at least on your blog....climb on in and you will be warm and wearing flip flops. lol

kerri said...

I love your new look.
I am proud of you Lily, you know all the States!!
I love the video idea.
I know where I'll be Mondays, sipping my morning coffee and watching Lily. ;)

Paula said...

She is a smart little cookie. I didn't even know the capital of Idaho! Love the new blog look!

Tracy said...

Too cute!! Love the new look.

Speaking of states, it looks like Steve and I may be moving to new one --- a colder one!

mommy24treasures said...

wow thats pretty amazing! What a smart girl!
Love what Becky did, its beautiful:)

Gee Gee said...

Love, love, love the new look! Oh, that Lily is one smart cookie. I still don't know where Idaho is (tee-hee)... What a joy she is to watch daily!!!

Tiffany said...

She is so precious! Love her little voice and how you called her Lil (we call our Lily by Lil a lot).
Also love your blog look!

Truly Blessed said...

Wow, impressive! That type of puzzle is HARD! No lines, no guides and so many pieces! I'm impressed.

She's beautiful AND smart. A lethal combination!

Love the new blog look!

Paula said...

Consider yourself TAGGED!!
go to my blog :)

Denise C said...

OH oh oh!! I just love her precious voice! I am VERY IMPRESSED with her state knowledge! WOW...mom that is one intelligent little gal you have there! Truly she is amazing! Thanks for sharing this precious video today!
(((HUGS)))

dawn said...

Her voice is so sweet. Don't rush her you will miss the Lilyisms when they are gone. We have only got about 4 left.

RamblingMother said...

too cute. My mom is stressed with Glenys saying all her p's as f's. She tried to do some speech therapy with her but glenys still fways and gets surfrizes.

Beverly

3 Peanuts said...

Watch out world! She is one smart cookie. She will be an astronaut! tell her to find Virginia and come visit little Kate to teach her some geography!

Kim

Anonymous said...

The blog is really cute. I like the new look. Also, I love your recording of your daughter's sweet words.

redmaryjanes said...

The blog looks great! Becky's jumping right in. I love it!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i love all things LIL ... I am sure TN is her favorite ... hey, why don't you stow away in Steffie's bag (you know she is bringing a big one...lol) and come to TN for a visit and some starbucks !!!!

miss ya crazy!!!

~Amy~ said...

check out my blog and tell me what you think! ;)

Steffie B. said...

too cute....she is so smart! ;)